Volunteer and learn about the behind-the-scenes world at the Zoo!
Spend your summer out in the sunshine while having fun, learning new things, and making friends! You’ll gain valuable work experience that will carry with you on your resume as you apply for colleges and future employment.
APPLY NOW Zoo Crew
Deadline for Zoo Crew is May 26th 2019!
Deadline for Zoo Crew Leader is April 28th 2019!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoo Crew Requirements
- Applicants must be between ages 13-17
- Commit to 40 service hours over the course of the program
- Apply for acceptance into the program with recommendation from two non-related adults
- Sign a release of liability form (parent and/or guardian)
- Abide by Zoo policies and procedures
- Attend a volunteer orientation with a parent and/or guardian
- Report on time for scheduled service areas
- Wear a designated uniform while on Zoo property
- Have proof of current tetanus vaccine and negative TB test in the last six months
- Start building your resume today by learning skills needed for future employment endeavors
- Learn time management skills
- Participate in group activities
- Workplace responsibility
- Gain confidence with public presentations
- Learn what it is like to work in various areas of the zoo, and see if there is a future in a Zoo for you
- Spend the summer making new friends working with students from various schools in the area
- Discounts available on food and Zoo Store merchandise while volunteering
- Fulfill school requirements for community service (please see your school for requirements and needed paperwork)
- Graduation certificate and celebration