We are pleased that you have chosen the Children's Zoo for an exciting adventure this year! We are the premier place in the Great Lakes Bay Region for entertaining and educating children. Please keep the following information in mind when planning your trip to ensure a great experience.
Group Admission Policy
Group rates are available to groups of 10 or more, by reservation only.
Please schedule your field trip with us in advance. We often have many groups visiting on the same day; scheduling in advance qualifies you for group admission and ride rates and helps ensure a smoother entry process for all. Call (989) 759-1408 to schedule your field trip.
Group Admission: $3.50 per person* Zoo Members enter for free, but one of the named adults need to be present with membership card and ID for entry.
*Please Note: 1 free teacher per 20 students.
Ride Tickets: $1 per person, per ride
Unlimited Wristband: $5 per person
Registration forms must be printed and filled out with the correct number of children, adults, free teachers, and rides BEFORE arriving at the zoo. If the form is not filled out, it will delay entry into the zoo for your group.
For more information or to make a group reservation, please call (989) 759-1408.
Your group leader or contact person is responsible for payment of the entire party, including parent chaperones. (Please note: parents paying individually will be charged regular adult admission price.)
Chaperones – To ensure a safe and positive zoo experience for you and all our guests, as well as the safety of our animals, we ask that you bring a minimum of one (1) adult for every five (5) children to accompany children's groups. Six children will require two adults, etc.
Upon arrival, please have your bus pull up to the front gate of the zoo. One adult, usually the group leader, is then required to report to the admission booth with the group payment. A greeter will meet your group on the bus to welcome your group to the zoo! If your group is traveling by car, please gather your group and have children sit if possible so that everyone can hear our zoo staff, who are excited to meet you!
Eating at the Zoo – You are welcome to enjoy your sack lunch in our picnic area inside the zoo. Picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. For the safety of our animals, please avoid bringing glass or aluminum containers and drinking straws into the zoo.
Courtesy and Safety
The zoo is a fun place to be, especially when our guests respect the zoo and each other. Please review the following information with your students and chaperones before entering the zoo:
- Chaperones are to remain with, and supervise, their groups at all times.
- If we see you smoking, we'll assume you're on fire and throw water on you ... just kidding. However, we are a tobacco free facility and we kindly ask that you refrain from smoking while on zoo grounds.
- Please do not cross the barriers or fences around exhibits.
- Share your food with people instead of animals. People food can make our animals sick! Please do not feed the animals, including our roaming birds.
- Help keep our exhibits safe and clean ... please do not throw anything into the exhibits, as this can be dangerous for the animals.
- No one likes being picked on ... please do not chase, tease or yell at the animals.
We are excited to meet you, and we hope you have a great day at the zoo!