Family Nature Club
- Every third Wednesday of the month through April from 2pm-3pm
- Free — all dates and times are subject to change
- Transportation available for Saginaw City residents
- Call (989)759-1408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information Kids must be accompanied with an adult chaperone
Family Nature Club is a wonderful way to explore the great outdoors right here in Saginaw! We encourage families of all sizes and children of all ages to join us for an hour of nature play and nature-related activities.
Each meeting will include a structured activity, a walk, and time for nature play, exploring and connecting with the world around us! Feel free to join us for any sessions you can attend. You don’t have to come for every session to enjoy the fun!
What is Nature Play?
- A safe time for structured learning and unstructured exploration
- Open-ended and hands-on free play
- Limited adult restraints and rules
How is Nature Play beneficial for my family?
- Positive impacts on child development
- Increases physical activity and decreases time spent in front of electronic screens
- Aids in family bonding
- Facilitates positive interactions with, and attitudes towards nature
Here are a few tips to help you be prepared:
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and you are okay with getting dirty!
- We recommend bringing weather/sun protection, a full water bottle, and a light snack
- The trails we walk on may not all be paved
- A Zoo staff member who is First Aid and CPR certified will be present and have a first-aid kit, but you are also welcome to bring your own
- We encourage you to bring along anything that will help you and your family enjoy the outdoors! This can include a magnifying glass, binoculars, or a field guide, but these items are not required.
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver and photo release form when you attend the Saginaw Zoo Family Nature Club