Field Trip Grades K-2
В We Are All in this Together ProgramThis program will begin with a short presentation for your group at the amphitheater, please schedule this when you register for your field trip. Then lead your group around the Zoo reading information about the animals as the students fill out their scavenger hunt worksheets. All worksheets and information sheets are the responsibility of the teacher; they will not be available at the Zoo the day of the field trip.В В
K-2 Teacher Pack
В Michigan Science Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs) Covered:
- S.IP.00.11 Make purposeful observation of the natural world using the appropriate senses.
- S.IA.00.12 Share ideas about science through purposeful conversation.
- S.RS.00.11 Demonstrate scientific concepts through various illustrations, performances, models, exhibits, and activities.
- L.OL.E.1 Life Requirements - Organisms have basic needs. Animals and plants need air, water, and food. Plants also require light. Plants and animals use food as a source of energy and as a source of building material for growth and repair.
- L.OL.00.11 Identify that living things have basic needs.
- L.OL.00.12 Identify and compare living and nonliving things.
- L.OL.01.13 Identify the needs of animals.
- L.HE.01.11 Identify characteristics (for example: body coverings, beak shape, number of legs, body parts) that are passed on from parents to young.
- L.HE.E.1 Observable Characteristics- Plants and animals share many, but not all, characteristics of their parents.
- L.HE.02.13 Identify characteristics of plants (for example: leaf shape, flower type, color, size) that are passed on from parents to young.