Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
With a total of 84 gardens in the Adopt-A-Garden program it is hard to chose just one winner, so there are three. In addition to the three winning gardens the Zoo visitors voted during the annual Birds, Bugs, Butterfly and Blooms event to pick the Peoples Choice award.
2010 Adopt-A-Garden Winners
Bricko Brick Paving
Saginaw Bay Underwriters
Kathy & Burris Smith
2010 Peoples Choice Award Winner
Payton & Baily Sieveke and Onie Jones
2010 Honorable Mentions
- Covenant Brest Health Center
- Jean Colpean
- Mastromarco Law Firm
- Delta Kappa Gamma Betta Phi Chapter
- Douglas Family Vision
- Forrest &Alger Family
- Youth Outdoor Adventures
- Judy & Ted Krawczak
- Pat Blakeley & Joann Jastrzab
Without your support, the zoo would not be able to provide the Mid-Michigan area with the safe, fun, educational and beautiful experience that it does.
In 1987, the Saginaw Valley Zoological Society formed and took over management of the zoo from the City of Saginaw in April 1996. The zoo is classified as a non-profit, 501-C3 organization.
The beautiful expansions and capital improvements at the zoo are possible because of the generous support of local foundations. The care and feeding of the animals at the zoo and the day-to-day operations are funded by zoo gate admissions, Zoo Store, concessions, and beginning in 2016 a Saginaw County millage.
There are many ways to support the Children’s Zoo!
Memberships to the zoo are a great way to enjoy the zoo at tremendous savings while supporting the zoo's programs and operating.
The zoo welcomes donations in many forms. General donations, which also includes memory or honorary donations and train and carousel fund donations are a great way to show your support. Donations to the zoo’s endowment fund are also encouraged, to ensure that the zoo will be able to provide future generations with family-oriented fun and education.
Corporate donations and event sponsorship donations are also ways to help the zoo provide the events and programs that are so popular.
Other ways to support the Children's Zoo include purchasing Engraved Bricks, our Adopt-an-Animal program and volunteering at the zoo. The zoo also has a Wish List that you can help replenish.
To better secure the future of the zoo, planned giving through a will, trust, gift annuity or life insurance is another way to be sure the zoo is here for future generations. Tax benefits apply, so consult your financial planner.
2016 Saginaw Valley Zoological Society Board of Directors
Immediate Past Chairperson
|Jim Theisen||Carol Lechel|
|Sherrie Fritze-Harris||Mary Sue Markey|
|Carrie Houtman||Kevin Schultz|
|Katie Kelly||Dr. Scott Woodbury|
|Heidi Helgren JD||Kevin Gregory|
Street Address__________________________________ City & State____________________Zip__________
Home Phone__________________Other Phone_______________ E-mail address ________________________
Age ___ Current Grade _______School__________________________________________________________T-shirt size: S M L XL 1XL 2XL
Have you previously been a Zoo Crew member? Yes No If yes, when? ________________
Why do you want to participate in the Zoo Crew Program? ____________________________________________
Have you ever been convicted for violation of any federal, state, county, or municipal law, regulation, or ordinance? Yes No
In case of emergency, whom should we contact?
Home Phone ____________ Cell Phone________________ Work Phone_________________
I have read and agree to the Zoo Crew Volunteer program requirements:
Zoo Crew Volunteer Signature___________________________________
Parent or Guardian Approval ____________________________________
Teacher or Other Recommendations Required:
I recommend this student into the ZOO Crew Program.
Name & School/Organization (please print)_____________________________________________________
Signature___________________________________ Phone______________________Name & School/Organization (please print)_____________________________________________________
Submit application to:
Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
1730 S. Washington Avenue
Saginaw, MI 48601
Phone: 989 759-1408
Fax: 989 759 1328
Applicants will be notified upon acceptance into the program.
The Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
This Release and Waiver of Liability is executed by the Volunteer, parent or guardian, in favor of the Saginaw Valley Zoological Society, operating as Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square, a nonprofit corporation ("Zoo"), its directors, officers, employees, and agents.
The Volunteer desires to participate in the Zoo’s volunteer programs and activities. The Volunteer understands their participation may include a variety of activities required in operating the Zoo.
The Volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. The Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Zoo and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may here after arise from Volunteer participation in any Zoo programs.
2. Medical Treatment. The Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge the Zoo from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s participation in any Zoo programs.
3. Assumption of Risk. The Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases the Zoo from all liability for injury, illness death, or property damage resulting from the activities of the Volunteer’s participation in the Zoo’s programs.
4. Insurance. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to have medical or health insurance coverage.
5. Photographic Release. The Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto the Zoo all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by the Zoo during any programs or volunteer activities, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Michigan and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan. The volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
In witness whereof, the Volunteer has executed this Release on this date _______________.
Parent/Guardian (if under 18)