Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
The Zoo is the perfect place to hold your next celebration or meeting!
Family reunion, business outing, retirement party, whatever reason you need to gather, do it at the Zoo!
The Zoo is unique with its beautiful park-like setting, gorgeous flower gardens, animal attractions, rides and more.
From less than 50 guests, up to 400, the Zoo can accommodate.
Call (989) 759-1408 or e-mail us at email@example.com with rental inquiries.
Introduced in the summer of 2007 as one of the new interactive elements in our barnyard renovation, the Children’s Garden is a place where kids can see where food we eat comes from and how it grows.
Each spring, the Zoo Horticulture Committee plants the garden with vegetables, fruit, herbs and flowers. Then, throughout the summer, children get to help water the garden with kid-sized pitchers they can dip into a large water tub.
Each time they visit the Zoo, kids can water the garden and observe how it has grown since their last visit. And, what’s extra special, is that we are able to use produce from the Children’s Garden to help feed some the Zoo’s own animals.
So, every time a child helps water the Children’s Garden they are personally connecting with the fascinating world of agriculture, as well as helping feed the animals at the Zoo!
|Animal Tracks||Egg to Tortoise||Serval|
|Scavanger Hunt||Egg to Bird||Capuchin|
|Arctic Word Find||Alligator|
|Zoo Word Find||Moo at the Zoo|
Check out our Pinterest Boards for science based games, crafts, and activities for teachers and parents!
If you have any questions, or are just looking to keep up with new education programs at the zoo, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoo Crew is a unique opportunity for teens to experience the exciting world at the Children’s Zoo.
Zoo Crew Service Areas
- Assist a Zookeeper with cleaning and maintaining animal exhibits
- Help to prepare and distributing animal diets
- Help to create animal enrichment projects
Zoo Visitor Services
- Provide visitors with the opportunity to have their face painted or feed an animal
- Assist with tasks to keep the Zoo clean and running smoothly
- Assist in greeting and educating our visitors in the Kangaroo Walkabout
- Help visitors offer a treat to the cockatiels in the Walk-through Aviary
- Assist in the Animal Stars reptile building
- Help to educate our visitors at a Bio-fact Presentation Station
- Assist at an amphitheater show
- Assist Zoo Camp instructors with daily crafts and activities
- Help to clean up and set up Zoo Camps.
- Assist in maintaining the Zoo grounds and gardens by watering, weeding, and maintaining common areas.
Zoo Crew Leader *New
- Returning Zoo Crew will have the opportunity to be Zoo Crew Leaders.
- This very important position will assist the Zoo Crew Coordinator in running and managing the Zoo Crew program, with such tasks as:
- Making sure people are showing up for their shifts
- Making sure each station is properly supplied
- Making sure people are staying on task
- Helping new Zoo Crew
Assist with other assigned tasks.
Zoo Crew Requirements:
- Be between ages 13-18
- Commit to 40 service hours over the course of the program
- Apply for acceptance into the program with recommendation from two non-related adults
- Sign a release of liability form (parent and/or guardian)
- Abide by Zoo policies and procedures
- Attend a 60-minute volunteer orientation with a parent and/or guardian
- Report on time for scheduled service areas
- Wear a designated uniform while on Zoo property
- Proof of current tetanus vaccine and negative TB test in the last six months
Zoo Crew Benefits:
- Start building your resume today by learning skills needed for future employment endeavors
*Workplace responsibility *Gain confidence with public presentations
- Fulfill school requirements for community serviceLearn what it is like to work in various areas of the zoo, and see if there is a future in a zoo for you
- Please see your school for requirements and needed paperwork
- Discounts available on food and Zoo Store merchandise while volunteering
Zoo Crew Members receive:
- Supervision from assigned Zoo staff member
- Opportunity to meet and work with students from various schools in the area
- 2 uniform shirts to wear on Zoo property while working
- Graduation certificate and celebration