The Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
This Release and Waiver of Liability is executed by the Volunteer, parent or guardian, in favor of the Saginaw Valley Zoological Society, operating as Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square, a nonprofit corporation ("Zoo"), its directors, officers, employees, and agents.
The Volunteer desires to participate in the Zoo’s volunteer programs and activities. The Volunteer understands their participation may include a variety of activities required in operating the Zoo.
The Volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. The Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Zoo and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may here after arise from Volunteer participation in any Zoo programs.
2. Medical Treatment. The Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge the Zoo from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s participation in any Zoo programs.
3. Assumption of Risk. The Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases the Zoo from all liability for injury, illness death, or property damage resulting from the activities of the Volunteer’s participation in the Zoo’s programs.
4. Insurance. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to have medical or health insurance coverage.
5. Photographic Release. The Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto the Zoo all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by the Zoo during any programs or volunteer activities, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Michigan and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan. The volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
In witness whereof, the Volunteer has executed this Release on this date _______________.
Parent/Guardian (if under 18)